Pro Metal Industries is a 30+ year full-service metal fabrication company. Pro Metal is 100% owned by Pasqua First Nation. Come join our team as we are evolving into a world class manufacturer for the military, oil and gas, mining, and agriculture industries.
In addition to CNC Machining, Pro Metal offers drafting and design, plasma, waterjet, and laser cutting, CWB and AWS Welding, and forming, to our fabrication process.
We are a dynamic team with diverse backgrounds, education, and experiences. We are excited for the right individual to join our team. Are you a Red Seal Machinist that wants to work on interesting and exciting projects which include prototyping and full-scale production? You will also lead and mentor the machining team? As we expand our CNC machining capabilities and technology this is a unprecedent opportunity for the right candidate.
This position will report to the Production Manager. Salary – $32.00 – $42.00 per hour plus relocation allowance
Skills & Qualifications
- Red Seal Journeyman Machinist
- At least 5 years CNC experience on both live tooling lathe and 4 axis mill
- CAM experience in either Mastercam, Gibbscam or Fusion 360
- Ability to troubleshoot and be creative
- Ability to set up machines and record on set up sheets
- Work with tooling vendors to select tooling and inserts to produce the best quality and cost-effective machining
- Able to select and use the appropriate precision measuring tools to ensure components are machined to specified tolerances
- Ability to assist the sales team in estimating jobs for customers
- Forklift experience an asset
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent residency.
- Pass a security assessment and provide a criminal record check due to Pro Metal’s military Controlled Goods designation.
- Strong communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Problem solving skills
- Perform work accurately, attention to detail and quality
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply by Friday May 19, 2023. You can email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who are authorized to work in Canada and those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest!