Pro Metal Industries is a 30+ year full-service metal fabrication company. Pro Metal is 100% owned by Pasqua First Nation. Come join our team as we are evolving into a world class manufacturer for the military, oil and gas, mining and agriculture industries.
Pro Metal offers a complete suite of service offerings to our industry leading clientele. The services range from CNC metal cutting, and machining. Welding to the highest standards to the Canadian Welding Bureau and the American Welding Society. As well as forming, drafting and our newest offering, powder coating.
At Pro Metal, culture comes first. We are seeking a highly capable individual who thrives in a team and collaborative environment to take on the role of Financial Controller. We have accelerated growth plans for the right individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, where quality and service come first.
We are currently in the process of doubling our capacity by constructing a brand-new facility with completion in early 2024.
We are a dynamic team with diverse backgrounds, education, and experiences. We are excited for the right individual to join our team.
This position will report to the General Manager and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of PFN Group of Companies.
The Financial Controller is a key member of the Senior Management team at Pro Metal/PFN Group of Companies. PFN Group of Companies is the economic development arm of Pasqua First Nation. This position will work closely with executive management of Pro Metal/PFN Group to ensure its companies and joint ventures have accurate and timely financial reporting, forecasting, cash management and controls. The successful candidate will be comfortable participating and contributing to strategic planning and decision making.
The successful individual must be dynamic and have an analytical and strategic skill set. Must be able to successfully manage and set accountability for accounting and procurement.
The Controller is responsible for directing and managing the Pro Metal/PFN Group of Companies and its subsidiaries accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting controls, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to executive management and external parties. The Controller also maintains the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required.
PFN Group of Companies include metal fabrication, safety, joint ventures and investments.
- Manage and oversee the accounting operations encompassing payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial information.
- Implement and manage internal controls with an emphasis on financial systems, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, working papers and external reporting to banks, government institutions etc. ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for government filings (Ex. GST Returns, PST Returns, WCB Returns etc.).
- Ensure receivables are collected as per company standards.
- Managing and keeping current Budgeting and forecasting models on a monthly basis.
- Provide financial information and analysis to management to support operational decisions and the direction of the company.
- Weekly cash flow reporting and forecasting on a 10-week rolling forecast.
- Weekly Key Performance Indicator Reporting to Management.
- Provide financial analysis of all departments to ensure profitability and feasibility.
- Improve the profitability of operations by contributing with business advice and solutions.
- Ensure all physical backup documentation is in place and organized to support financial information.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and mentoring of accounting and procurement staff.
- Assist in completion of grant application and reporting.
- Work with external auditors at year end and ensure documentation is in order.
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience including financial statement preparation and management presentation.
- CPA designation is required.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to mentor and influence accounting staff.
- Experienced in presenting to management and participating at a high level in strategic and financial sessions.
- 3+ years’ experience at a management level in accounting department of an SME
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Experience with manufacturing accounting systems is an asset.
- Ability to see the big picture and contribute to overall business operations and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with leadership, business, stakeholders, and members of the community and public.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent residency.
- Pass a security assessment and provide a criminal record check due to Pro Metal’s military Controlled Goods designation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply by Wednesday, March 22, 2023. You can email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or online below. Only those who are authorized to work in Canada and are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest!